What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you sign up on our site, log in, take training, and complete tests. Collected information includes but is not limited to your name, email address, phone number, the floor you work on, your tenant or departmental affiliation, the emergency response role you play at your facility, the training module you are seeking, the tests you take, and your test scores.
Each Product includes computer software and any associated video, media, printed materials, plans, diagrams, brochures or other related products including “online” or electronic materials, and any reference to the term Product shall include such items.
In addition, when you visit a SafetyNet site, some basic information may be collected by our Web servers (automatically sent to us by your Web browser). This information will be used solely to help us make this site more useful to visitors, and to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology they use. All of this helps us ensure that this site is as useful as possible. This basic information that may be collected is:
- The Internet domain and IP address from which you accessed our site;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you accessed our site;
- The specific pages you visited; and
- If you linked to the SafetyNet site from another Web site, the address and other information for that Web site.
What do we use your information for?
The information we collect from you may be used:
- To provide the appropriate service (access to the right training programs and documents, response steps, emergency alerts, etc.).
- To notify you when training is due
- To allow your employer, building management, or sponsoring organization to communicate with you regarding emergency preparedness and related topics that could affect you or your organization
- To provide your employer, building management, or sponsoring organization with information on training activity and site utilization. This includes individual training records.
- To improve the SafetyNet service
- To inform you of any upgrades, service interruptions, or other important notices about the SafetyNet service
Who owns your content?
AK Productions LLC (AK), the provider of the SafetyNet service, retains ownership of all data collected via this service, with the exception of any documents you may post to your SafetyNet site.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, share, or otherwise transfer data to outside parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Who has access to your data?
Access to your data is limited to:
- AK staff who support the SafetyNet service
- Your employer, property manager, and/or sponsoring organization
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers, including Amazon Web Services to provide communications, infrastructure and IT services. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
Terms of service
Please also visit our Terms of Service establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.