For AK SafetyNet
License and Terms.
Each Product includes computer software and any associated video, media, printed materials, plans, diagrams, brochures or other related products including “online” or electronic materials, and any reference to the term Product shall include such items.
Accessing the Website and Account Security.
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website or a Product is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, a Product, the entire Website or an entire Product to Users, including registered Users.
Grant of License.
The content provided on the Website and in the Products is for general information purposes only and is in no way intended to be a substitute for detailed fire and life safety training and planning with qualified professionals and building management and thorough site-specific training and drills. Users still need to participate in regular drills and understand the special conditions of your building or facility, including but not limited to location of stairwells, safety systems and equipment, elevator usage guidelines, existence and roles of emergency floor teams and where to reassemble during a building evacuation. You also need to be aware of planning for responses to local threats (tornados, hurricane, earthquake, flooding, etc.). If you are unsure about any issues related to fire or life safety, you need to consult with your supervisor, warden, team, or property management, as appropriate. Although we review our content, we do not guarantee or take responsibility for the accuracy of the content we provide, nor does AK assume any liability for the content of web sites linked to our site. Reference to or reproduction of specific plans, designs, products, processes or services does not constitute or imply recommendation or endorsement by AK. AK also takes no responsibility for the emergency training, planning or related resources that Account Managers may post to the Website or include in a Product. These materials are provided for information purposes only.
Disclaimer of Warranty. You agree as follows:
- YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE USE OF THE WEBSITE AND EACH PRODUCT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER AK, ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR A PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE, A PRODUCT OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES, MALWARE OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF ANY PRODUCT, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH ANY PRODUCT.
- THE WEBSITE AND EACH PRODUCT IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
- IN NO EVENT WILL AK, OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING THE WEBSITE OR A PRODUCT, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR A PRODUCT. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT OF THE WEBSITE AND A PRODUCT.
- AK DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY CONTENT CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITE OR A PRODUCT, NOR ITS MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. AK NEITHER ENDORSES NOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENTS THAT ARE PART OF THE WEBSITE OR A PRODUCT. AK NEITHER ENDORSES NOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF ANY “LINKED” THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES OR OTHER SOURCES ACCESSED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR A PRODUCT, AND HAS PROVIDED SUCH LINKS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL AK BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A USER’S RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR A PRODUCT. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF USER TO CONSULT WITH FIRE AND LIFE SAFETY PROFESSIONALS TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR A PRODUCT.
- We rely heavily on Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) to operate certain aspects of the Website and the Product and any disruption of or interference with our use of AWS could impair our ability to operate or maintain the Website or a Product. To the extent there is an outage, damage or interruption to AWS, the Website and the Product may cease to function, including by failing to deliver, or timely deliver, messages, notifications or updates, whether related to an emergency or otherwise. ACCORDINGLY, AK IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY WEBSITE OR PRODUCT DELAY OR FAILURE TO FUNCTION DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES OR CAUSES BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING ANY DISRUPTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS OR INTERFERENCE RELATING TO AWS OR OTHER DELIVERY INFRASTRUCTURE.
Government End Users.
If you are acquiring the Product on behalf of any unit or agency of the United States Government, the Government’s rights in the Product and its documentation will be as defined in Clause 52.227-19(c)(2) of the FAR or, in the case of NASA, in Clause 18-52.227-86(d) of the NASA Supplement to the FAR.
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website or a Product should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.